Back to School - 5 Tips for Mom!
Whether you are a stay at home mom, a working mom, or not a mom at all, you can experience stress around this time of year. Getting the kids back in school requires lots of shopping trips for clothes or school supplies. It means traffic gets just a little bit worse (or a lot worse if you live in a large city like Houston!) as soon as school starts up. Schedules get more hectic as extracurricular activities start up. Oh, and if you are not a mom dealing with all this directly, it STILL affects you!! You are dealing with busy stores, worse traffic… and let’s just be real… life can be hectic enough! :)
So I wanted to remind you of some ways to relax and try to get away from the hustle and bustle.
1. Shop for Yourself. Shopping does not have to be JUST for the kids! I love to take this time to fill in my fall wardrobe! Yes it is super hot here still in Houston, but I already crave the fall weather. So pick out a cute sweater or tunic top. And pair it with a beautiful Prickly Cactus Jewels necklace or earrings!!! Awesome picks for the fall are:
Circle Drop Earrings - They go with EVERYTHING!
7 Strand Chain Bracelet - Daywear to Eveningwear!
2. Wear Amethyst. Did you know that Amethyst promotes calm and peaceful energy? It also promotes strong intuition and insight. So adorn yourself with amethyst stones!! They are beautiful, and you can find a number of amethyst jewelry pieces in the Desert Nights Collection!
Shop HERE for your fav amethyst selection!
3. Take Long Baths. Baths can elevate your mood and help you sleep better. They even help to lower your blood pressure. All this will help you leave your stresses behind and soak your troubles away! Add in some scented Epsom salts for additional healing properties and relaxation! My fav scent is lavender.
4. Escape for Coffee or Tea. Take time out of your busy day for you to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea when no one else can bother you. There is something comforting about holding that warm mug in your hands, looking out into your back yard or off your balcony into a peaceful environment. Take the time to slow down. Enjoy the coffee!!
5. Get Puppy Kisses and Kitten Cuddles!!! Yep I said it. I hope you have access to a cute puppy or a pretty little kitten! Because their love is soothing and relaxing. The very touch of a puppy drains stress from your body. They even help you sleep better at night!
Listen Girl, You are busy making life happen for everyone in need around you. Don’t forget to take care of yourself through the process. You deserve to buy something new. You deserve to take time out of your busy schedule for a relaxing bath or a cup of tea. And you definitely need puppy kisses in your day!!!!
Shop calming amethyst jewelry HERE!
but by the moments that take our breath away.”